Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

MY NEW FRIGIDAIRE TOP LOADING MODEL # FFTW4120SW WASHER WILL…

Customer Question
MY NEW FRIGIDAIRE...

MY NEW FRIGIDAIRE TOP LOADING MODEL # FFTW4120SW WASHER WILL START AGITATING, BUT NOT FILL EXCEPT ON THE "TUB CLEANING " MODE..

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

BRAND NEW [ FRIGIDAIRE MODEL # FFTW4120SW].... IT WAS JUST INSTALLED !!.....

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

NO

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

WHEN IT WAS installed yesterday, The installer ran the FAST/Quick CYCLE and it filled ,drained,and rinsed properly...... AFTER being turned off and tried shortly after to use a "normal" cycle,or any other wash cycle.it would begin to agitate but not fill !!.... THE only cycle it would begin to fill on for a short time, was the "tub cleaning" cycle.... SHORTLY thereafter although not much water was in the tub,I could then move it to any "normal" or other wash or "rinse and spin" cycle and it would fill normally....???

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I believe I gave you the model # : [ FFTW4120SW , a top loading Frigidaire washer ..... I can also be called here at home in Vermont on my land line **************... as cell service is sporadic here in the mountains...... Gene

9/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the unit is only a couple days old, you'll want to call warranty out to look at your washer so you don't void the warranty.

Ha, thats the best you folks can do???...... If You are supposed to have a so-called " expert" /technician] help me,should he have AT LEAST SOME IDEA AND ANSWER as to what the problem may be ??? ..... What a disappointment and a waste of my time and money!!

It's hard to say without being there but most likely the only thing that would stop water filling up in one cycle and not another is a bad control board.