Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a problem Just today. I'd like to do something

Customer Question
I have a problem...

I have a problem hello\

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just today

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'd like to do something tonight Any troubleshooting would be appreciated

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 10 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. What seems to be the problem today?

Our GE Monogram has started getting warmer and warmer. It was 35 degrees F this morning and is now 50. It doesn't seem to be cooling, although the lights are on.
It has gone up from 47 about an hour ago

What is the model number of your unit? This is located on the inside of the door area. Also have you tried unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to do a hard reset?

I don't see it

You will need to open the fridge door area that is where it is located

I have opened the door and I don't see it anywhere

ok lets try the hard reset to reset the board. Unplug it for 5 minutes and we will go from there

My problem is that it is in a built in cabinet and I have no access to the plug

ok what about the circuit breaker can you flip that for 5 minutes?

OK, I'll try that. Can the lights be on but the cooling system not be working?

yes it can do you hear the fans and compressor running? Or any type of air movement?

OK, I just shut the power off. I heard no fans before that.
I will wait five minutes

hopefully the reset will fix that. Keep me posted

OK thanks. I will

sounds good

I just turned it back on and there's no air flow sound at all and the temp is two degrees higher already
Freezer also looks like it may not be working
Any thoughts?
hello
Any other ideas?
Hello?
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The model tag is behind the upper cosmetic panel above the doors. No fans or anything running at all?

No fans. I'll look again for the model number

Thank you. If you lift the upper panel, the tag is right in the front. It will look like ZISB42ABC00

I still can't find the model number. There is a rectangular panel at the top of the fridge that I lifted up but I don't see anything
hello?

Hmm, there should be a sticker right there behind that upper panel.

The main control board has failed but I cannot give you more specific information without the model number.

It's a 12 year old fridge. Could the model number be somewhere different?

Maybe in the fresh food section on the ceiling.

Are you still looking for the model number?

I will be logging out soon unless you are still looking.