Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Microwave profile / 2 years old / turntable rotates when I…

Customer Question
Microwave profile / 2...

Microwave profile / 2 years old / turntable rotates when I open the door but closes after the door shuts.Rotates & Works when cooking.What's the problem

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

GE profile model peb1590dm2bb

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it fairly simple

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not at the present

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

You have a faulty door switch. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

ok
no phone

In the diagram at the link below, replace both of the number 604 switches, accessed by removing the number 1200 cover. There are screws on the back and bottom edges that come out for the cover to pull off.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!