Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a built in kitchen aid fridge model KFBQ42FSX.

Customer Question
I have a built...

I have a built in kitchen aid fridge model KFBQ42FSX. Recently each time you open the door you have to set the reset button on the top - as if the doors were sitting open but in fact are closed.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Yes 10 years old. We just had the compressor replaced a month ago. Model KBFQ42FSX 00

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I hope not

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 10 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The refrigerator light switch may be sticking, you will want to check that first it's the switch the door hits when it closes. click here for image location of switch:

the replacement switch is listed below:

Refrigerator Light Switch

Part #:(###) ###-####- click here for part info at sears

If the switch is ok you need to replace the control board because its not sensing the door being closed.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, I'm sure you don't work for free please don't expect I should.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 10 months ago

The board you would need to replace would be Part #: W10121049 but they are no longer being manufactured you can still find some on ebay, and possibly amazon or you can send it off and have it rebuilt - click here for more info on having board rebuilt

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 10 months ago

Hi there,
I see you viewed the answer and the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with? If not please take a moment to rate my assistance, thank you.