Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Kitchenaid KUDI01IL dishwasher stops in mid cycle

Customer Question
Kitchenaid KUDI01IL dishwasher stops...

Kitchenaid KUDI01IL dishwasher stops in mid cycle (Normal-Energy dry) with water in bottom (below over flow float). Front panel accepts no entries. Cycle breaker, continues cycle with out problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

13 years, when house was built, we have had it for 3 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I cleaned out the drain system, it was clean. This machine is near immaculate inside, no rust, or scale.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you can cycle the breaker and it resets the problem and the dishwasher starts working again, you have a problem with the control board inside the door itself. There is nothing else that would reset by cycling power which means your board is just acting up.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?