Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool accu bake double oven. Power outage!

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool accu bake double oven. Power outage! panel lights out. tried the circuit breaker and that's not the problem. This happened before and I was told to press some buttons and when I did it worked again! Can you help me?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

7 years old. GBD307PKB01

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. The last time I contacted someone and they instructed me on which buttons to press. I paid them

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So the only reset for the lights and such is if you press and hold the clock button for 5 seconds. If that works then great, if it doesn't work then you'd need to make sure your oven is getting 220 volts from your house to the oven. If that checks good then the power outage shorted out the display board and the display board would need to be replaced so below is a link to the part. Unfortunately the part is about $250 I'm sorry to say and the part number is *****

CLICK HERE for display board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Also for reference, the last time this oven has trouble it shows you had an issue with the display showing LOC (slightly different issue than this current one you have). And the solution for that issue was to press and hold the start button for 5 seconds to remove the control lock.

I did as you stated. After 5 seconds it did beep but did not come on. I remember using more than 1 button.

I can see your history and your conversation from before

QUOTE:

the last time this oven has trouble it shows you had an issue with the display showing LOC (slightly different issue than this current one you have). And the solution for that issue was to press and hold the start button for 5 seconds to remove the control lock.

Either way, if the panel won't light up at all and you pressed and held the clock button, then your display board is just bad and needs to be replaced.

I am a senior citizen can I fix it myself with your help?

Probably not I'm afraid as it does require uninstalling the oven and pulling it forward a bit in order to remove the control panel. But if you wanted to try, you would flip the breaker off to the oven, open the bottom oven door and remove the 2 screws going into the side trim on the oven down by the bottom door hinges. The side trim will then pull forward at the bottom about 1 inch and then pull straight down. That will expose 2 screws all the way up at the bottom right and left corners of the control panel. Next, remove the screws in the bottom right and left corners of the control panel and the control panel will pull forward at the bottom and then lift straight up and off (after you have pulled the oven forward about 1 inch). After that the board is just held onto the back of the control panel by a few screws and the board is all plug and play.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?