Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool double oven #D22614054, WOD51EC0AS00 that…

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool...

I have a Whirlpool double oven #D22614054, WOD51EC0AS00 that was installed in 8/2012. My wife cleaned the top oven successfully yesterday afternoon. Shortly thereafter she initiated cleaning the lower oven. It was cleaning when we retired last night. This morning the display was dead and the bottom oven locked. I checked circuit breaker and it was not popped. I turned it off, waited a minute, then turned it on again. Oven still dead. I have read instructions regarding electronic oven controls and find no option that will solve the problem. Can you help?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

As I said in previous email installed 8/2012. The information I have lists models WOS51E, WOS92E and WOS93E. My notes indicate D22614054 and WOD51ECOASOO. I assume I pulled those off the oven shortly after being installed.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 10 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

On that model there is a thermal fuse inline with the display board you need to check the resistance of that thermal fuse it may have blown below is the directions to check it:

click here for instructions

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, I'm sure you don't work for free please don't expect I should.