Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag dishwasher will not start. Model #mdb7749awm2, 5

Customer Question
Maytag dishwasher will not...

Maytag dishwasher will not start

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model #mdb7749awm2, 5 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Start button is unresponsive

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This particular model is known for having this issue I'm sorry to say. The start button not responding is error code which means that your touch control panel has an internal short. The entire touch control panel will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue. The part has been completely re-designed because it's believed that steam was causing the part to fail over time so below is a link to the panel you'll need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?