Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

1) The refrigeration half of my side by side is freezing the…

Customer Question
1) The refrigeration half...

1) The refrigeration half of my side by side is freezing the food on the bottom shelves. Model WSF26C3EXFQ1, Serial HR23614545. I can not find the temperature controls. Where are they?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

The refrigerator is freezing food on the bottom shelves. Where are the controls located? Model WSF26C3EXFQ1, Serial HR23614545. The front cover on the water filter housing will not reclose/relatch. Could this allow water to spray out?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. My name is*****: Anything else we should know to help you best?

My phone number is(###) ###-####

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Your temperature controls are on the dispenser control panel,

If the bottom of the fresh food section is freezing I would raise the temperature up one degree and let it set for 24 hours if it is still too cold raise it up one more degree.

To view and adjust the set points, press and hold the TEMP button for 3 seconds. When adjust mode is activated, adjusting information will appear on the display screen.

■ When adjust mode is activated, the display screen shows the refrigerator set point and “FRIDGE” appears.

■ Press LOCK to raise the set point, or press FAST ICE to lower the set point.

■ When you have finished viewing (and adjusting if desired) the refrigerator set point, press TEMP to change the display to show the freezer set point. When the zone has been changed, “FREEZER” appears on the display screen.

■ When you have finished viewing (and adjusting if desired) both the refrigerator and freezer set points, press FILTER to save the settings.

NOTE: To exit without saving changes, press ICE TYPE at any time while in adjust mode, or allow about 60 seconds of inactivity and adjust mode will turn off automatically

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.