Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag Neptune frontload washer which washes and

Hello. I have a Maytag Neptune frontload washer which washes and spins fine, however there is water that remains under the barrel. It can be seen from the crease in the front. Mold appears to be accumulating. How can I get that water out? Thanks
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I purchased my condo this year with the washer. I appears to be approximately 5 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it's possible. It depends on how extensive it is.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I only know that its a Maytag Neptune.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Neptune washers hold water inside of them under the inner basket to prevent dry rot and pump motors seizing. As you can see, this causes a problem with mold and mildew over time. If you use bleach on a regular basis this is something you don't have to worry about typically. However if you don't use bleach often, you'll want to run the washer with a product called Washer Magic to clean the washer out (you can pick this up at Lowes or order online). Then once a year use a product called Affresh. Also, when the washer is not in use, keep the door cracked open. It was a bad design but this is what you must do to prevent Neptune washers from molding.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Thank you for your response. I will try your recommendation.