Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am running diagnostics on whirlpool diet and it won't go…

Customer Question
I am running diagnostics...

I am running diagnostics on whirlpool diet and it won't go past C03

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

6 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Wfw94hexw2

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Error code was 301 f06 cleaned the drain filter and replaceabltryong to run diagnostics

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/25/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Ok the only way the diagnostics will complete C03 is once the dispenser has reached position #1

Have you removed the top washer panel and looked to see what position the dispenser is on?

Dispenser is on IV

ok and does it appear as if the dispenser actuator motor is even trying to drive the dispenser to the #1 position?

Ok when I restarted the diagnostics I get the f06 e01 error code like we got before we cleaned the drain trap

And the error code you said your getting was a 301 F06

There is no error code as that you have an F6 -E1 ,F6-E2 ,F6-E3

ok F6-E1 error code means Communication between the Central Control Unit and the MCU has not been detected

Possible Causes

• Check door switch operation. Faulty switch may interfere with power to MCU.

• Check drive system for worn or faulty components.

• Verify continuity in cable between CCU (MI3 & MS2) and MCU.

Ok..I put the cables back it to the door switch plate . Do I maybe not have them in correctly?

Does the washer door seem to lock and un lock properly?

Has any one recently worked on the unit as to where the wiring could have been moved around on either the main CCU or the motor control board MCU

I worked on it ..
The door lock was not unlocking had to manually unlock it

ok on the door switch the only leads you could possibly have reversed are the two blue with the two pinks ,,BUT then should have different connector ends so you should only be able to plug then in only one way.

Might have done that.. let me send you a pic

ok The two pink wires is what unlocks the door !

All I have to go on it the wire diagram.

Can you remove the pink and blue wires and revers them and still plug them into the door switch ?

I will try

ok Great!

I can't get the blue ones out
Running diagnostics again

it has a locking tab on it that you will have to press to unlock the connector .

It's on c00
Ok it is staying on c00
With door locked
I think it's in the right spot

ok the C00 should be doing (Door lock motor is actuated. Door unlocks, and then locks again. Pump is activated for 15 seconds.*)

If it is not unlocking the door you might have a door switch issue.

When you reversed the two blues and the two pink were you able to plug them into the door lock switch ok ?

Door just stays in lock position
I am not able to get the blue wires out without taking the rubber out again

ok so then you have NOT swapped the wires around correct?

do the pink wires seem to fit into the door switch and lock in place properly?

No they don't lock in properly. I am taking it all apart again

ok let me know how it comes out please.

They are all in the only way they can go in

ok and the door still will lock but not unlock is that correct?

Correct
I have not put it back together but that was the issue yes

ok so since the F6-E1 is dealing with the door switch and the door will lock but will not unlock I have to suspect that the door latch /lock switch is the issue.

Would you like a link for the part info?

I have a tech coming this Thursday to confirm

ok You might want to contact them and make sure they come out with a new latch /lock switch or they may have to order it and come back .

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

I am waiting till Thursday.. I may have more questions .. Thank you!

ok not the way the web site works and even after you rate me if you have any questions at all I(I WILL) assist you at no extra charge.

I trust you just do not forget about me please.