Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Amana Ace 14 V keeps blowing 30 amp fuse. It is a commercial…

Customer Question
Amana Ace 14 V...

Amana Ace 14 V keeps blowing 30 amp fuse

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is a commercial Ventless Ace 14 V combination microwave and toaster and is 18 mo old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have a repairman but I will do if I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The door handle messed up and the guy messed with door switch misunderstood problem

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/25/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

How fast does it blow the circuit?

Well it was lasting about 12 hours but now the fuse doesn't work to get it on

Was it doing that before the door latch was messed with?

No it was working fine
He actually messed with the switch inside that controls door. the spring on the door handle was the problem though it was broken. This was keeping it from closing properly

Yes I think something is wrong with the door latch switch, if that happens it can short and pop the circuit. I would check there I bet you will find it is burned out. That would be the #1 most likely issue given what is going on.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Thank you I will try replacing that and let you know

ok no problem!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician