Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool French Door Ref model WRF989SDAM02 and

the Ref cabinet Evaporator Fan...
I have a Whirlpool French Door Ref model WRF989SDAM02 and the Ref cabinet Evaporator Fan in not running. I replaced the fan and it still does not come on even when forced with the diagnostics test. Looking for help in further troubleshooting.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I just provided the exact model number. 3 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I am an electrical engineer
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have a Whirlpool French Door Ref model WRF989SDAM02 and the Ref cabinet Evaporator Fan in not running. I replaced the fan and it still does not come on even when forced with the diagnostics test. Looking for help in further troubleshooting.
9/25/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

I have checked the voltage to the RC Evaporator Fan and have 14V DC on the Fan.

Did you make sure the fan works using a battery?

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
No, I have not checked it with a battery. It is new and performing the same as my old fan. I can check it if you want me to do that first.
I do not know what the 3 wire to the fan motor does or how to check it.
Phone call session started

What color wires do you have to the fan

To the fan on the Ref side is Yellow, Red, Tan/Red.
I am seeing the 12V between the Yellow (+) and Red (-).
I meant 14V DC

Do you have a TAn/Red wire and a red wire?

Take a 9volt battery connect the Positive to the TAN/RED and the negative to the RED does the fan rotate. DO NOT REVERSE THE WIRING

ok

If it runs replace the control board. If not the fan is bad.

Ok, let me test it.

No problem

I found the problem. One of the pins on the plug to the Evaporator Motor had corroded and broke connection. I cut that one wire on both sides of the plug, twisted them together and the fan runs now.

Sweet! those crappy pins...always something!

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

I will. Thanks
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician