Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a Kenmore freezer model 28432800 purchased on

Customer Question
Have a Kenmore freezer...

Have a Kenmore freezer model 28432800 purchased on 11/14/2008

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Yesterday the internal freezer light did not go on when the door was opened. At the same time the LED temp adjustment device on the front door also was off. The freezer is running properly otherwise. Since these are two very different light devices I would not expect them to go black at the same time. I am wondering if the tech might be qable to shed some light on the cause of this problem. Thanks, Bob

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if the fix is a simple one although I am an auto mechanic if that makes any difference. Bob

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't think of anything else. Those are the only symptoms that are visible at the moment and the freezer has been running fine otherwise.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/25/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

ok.

There is no Sabbath mode or anything like that on this freezer which means that the only thing which controls both the interior and the display lights would be the display light on the front of the door itself. You can always try to unplug the freezer for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset, but I'll warn you that it could make things worse and the unit may stop cooling since the issue is with the board itself. Either way, below is a link to the display board you'd need to order on the front of your door to fix the issue if it won't reset.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.