Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My pld4375rfc3 dish washer won`t start all lights on control…

Customer Question
My pld4375rfc3 dish washer...

My pld4375rfc3 dish washer won`t start all lights on control panel work but i press start it puts time for wash but will turn off after 5 seconds

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Fridigaire pld4375rfc3 no it won`t let me do it

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Sure

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I changed the control panel about 2 years ago worked fine until last thursday

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/25/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So only a couple things can cause the washer to shut off after 5 seconds when you start a cycle. Either your main relay control board is just going bad, or one of the motors (drain pump or circulation pump) is pulling too much power causing the board to overload and shut down. Unplug the pumps under the dishwasher and see if the dishwasher still shuts down. If so, then the control board is bad so below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for control board

Now if the dishwasher doesn't shut down anymore once you unplug the pumps, one of the pumps is bad. Plug one of them back in to see which pump is causing the problem and then replace that pump.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?