Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE gas range -- model no. JGS968S0H6SS, serial no.

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE gas range -- model no. JGS968S0H6SS, serial no. RH267121Q. The gas company came today to fill the tank and check the range. Suggested that the starter glow bars for the broiler and oven be replaced. The broiler is not starting. The oven is firing after a long wait. Not sure if I it is something I can do myself. Any suggestions.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model and serial numbers were above.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If safe, yes. Otherwise, I would want a tech to do it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If I need to wait for a part to be mailed, I would rather a tech to come over and do it.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/25/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Broil is not working at all? Is the igniter glowing red?

The broil is not working at all.

Is the igniter glowing red?

No.

Do you have a meter to perform any testing with? There are several things that could cause the igniter not to work.

I had the gas tank filled this morning and asked the technician who also did a leak test to check the range and oven. The range is fine. The broil is not working. He said the glow bar box seems to the problem -- no red glow radiating which normally does. The oven heater fires up. However, it seems to take much longer than usual.
model no. JGS968S0H6SS serial no. RH2 67121 Q
GE appliance

There are several things that can cause the igniter not to glow. I am happy to explain how to replace the igniters but just want you to be aware that it may not be the igniter that is faulty.

I will prepare information on replacing the igniters. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

I probably need a tech to come over and fix.

Okay, may I have your zip code, please? I can get you a referral.

28405

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Please don't worry.
I thought I was getting this help from GE -- I came to this website from their support page. I also noticed that I am being charged $36 for a referral. I will contact my credit card and dispute this charge.