Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a Maytag self cleaning gas oven. Tried to set the self…

Customer Question
Have a Maytag self...

Have a Maytag self cleaning gas oven. Tried to set the self clean. Followed the manual instructions. A code shows up on the display of "F5E2." The oven door is locked. I hear the gas turn on but then this code appears after about 1 minute

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2008 and MGR7662EWW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

IF POSSIBLE.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I am aware of.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/25/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category

I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!

My name is Woody.

I will be glad to assist you today.

I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company

And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.

I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.

I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

can you look at your model number once again I do not find a model number of MGR7662EWW