Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ice tray is full of water. it's not making cubes. There is a…

Customer Question
Ice tray is full...

Ice tray is full of water. it's not making cubes. There is a block of ice.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model #GX2FHDXVY

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, I would like to schedule a technician

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Serial # is K20614666

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/25/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

robably the best thing to do is determine if the icemaker isn't cycling and calling for water, or if water isn't actually making it to the refrigerator. First, make sure the freezer is below 10 degrees because the icemaker will not cycle if the temperature in the freezer is over 10 degrees. Next, fill up the icemaker with a cup of water and wait 24 hours to see if it cycles and dumps the ice. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. You can also make sure it's not frozen by disconnect the water line coming from the icemaker and going to the valve at the valve. Blow through the water line to make sure it's clear. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.