Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ice maker is making ice (some cubes are small) but them…

Customer Question
My ice maker is...

My ice maker is making ice (some cubes are small) but them all of the ice turns into one block of ice ( I dumped the ice out at night and in the morning it was a solid block of ice) what is going on?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is 2.5 years old. Kitchenaid French door Model # KRFC300SS00 ans S/N# *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Noy that I can think of

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/25/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Ok I need a bit more information .

You say the ice cubes turn into a solid block of ice .which would mean that the refrigerator is stopping the cooling operation fro a period of time to melt the cubes into a block of ice.

then starts cooling again to freeze into the block of ice.

Or are the cubes still in cube form and more water coming in from the ice maker leaking / over filling and filling in around the cubes.

Two totally different issue so let me know which one you think it is .

The cubes are in cube form

ok so then are they just clumped together as if have they melted ? or does it look at if more water was added then froze.