Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Micro oven light won't work, has new bulb replaced. Hold on!

Customer Question
Micro oven light won't...

Micro oven light won't work, has new bulb replaced

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Hold on!

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, its a spacemaker 1400 model el363vm144250a

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
okay, this might help. the lights in the micro wave come on but the canopy lights don't.
9/25/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

When you replaced the canopy light bulbs did you unplug the unit first?

GE Spacemaker XL, 1400 series model# ***** and no I did not unplug the unit prior to replacing the bulbs.

the number that your giving me of JVM144250aa is not a good model number .

I find numbers of JVM1442AA01, JVM1442BA01, JVM1442WA01 but nothing in the GE data base shows up for the number that your giving me .

And I have even done a GOOGLE search and that number does not come up either.

Are you getting this number right off the front of the cooking cavity with the door open.

Sorry for the delay busy week. Anyway the unit is about 10 years old and I found out one of the wires Is burnt out. Believe it or not its cheaper to buy a new one than to repair this one. Thanks for your help.

no problem !!

Thank you for replying back to me .