Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool refrigerator model no ED5VHE001 I need to replace…

Customer Question
Whirlpool refrigerator model no...

Whirlpool refrigerator model no ED5VHE001 I need to replace the ice and water filter where is it situated and what is the part no

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Approx. 8 yrs old model no ED5VVHEXV001

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your Whirlpool refrigerator . Please give me a moment to review your model. Also, who am I speaking with?

Your water filter is located in the grill at the bottom left of the refrigerator. There is a button on the left that you push in to eject the filter. The part number for the new filter is(###) ###-#### You can get an original one at Amazon here:

http://a.co/7yFurT2

Although you can get cheaper substitute filters, I recommend going with an original. The new just pushes in the same place. Make sure the slot on the filter lines up with the housing before pushing it in.

- Would you mind rating my service to you? Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me. A rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen will allow free follow up questions for this appliance through this link. Thank you.

Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech