Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Where should I start? I have a Whirlpool quiet partner model…

Customer Question
Where should I start...

Where should I start? I have a Whirlpool quiet partner model # GU980SCGQ2. I have replaced the thermal fuse, the washer now goes on but stops when the water gets to the bottom of the door. I have checked all hoses are clear. When I unplug the hose from the drain valve the water pours out.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is about 15 yrs old but has been without a thermal fuse for about 3 yrs. Been busy redoing the whole house. Trying to get this one working since it had never given me a problem until one morning I woke and it did not drain and thermal fuse was shot, Model# ***** ***** Whirlpool

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, was a computer tech and just fixed my dryer,

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just unsure if it's the drain motor or am I not looking at drain valve correct or could it be the inlet value which to me doesn't make sense since she does stop before it get to door level.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/25/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

The water level should not get to the bottom of the door. you may have more then one issue.

Because even if the water valve get turned off by the float switch that will not stop the dishwasher from starting that only turns the water off.

When it stops filling do you hear the pump running or run trying to run?

And if you press cancel /drain once will the unit even try to drain ?

This model does not have a separate drain pump motor it is all in one motor the motor just reverses direction for wash and drain .

I wrote a reply but now I don.t see it. It just makes a clicking sound after it fills up to the bottom of the door. It clicks and clicks again etc. I have hit cancel/drain and it just clicks some more but cancel/drain light goes on. I have checked the floater and that does click when pushed down.
I can not get to it right now. I am in bed with a sprained back so you can type it out I will copy and paste it to a file.