Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kitchenaid KDRU767VSS range and the touch screen…

Customer Question
I have a Kitchenaid KDRU767VSS...
I have a Kitchenaid KDRU767VSS range and the touch screen consistently goes out several times a month. I have to go to the breaker panel and turn off the power to the entire range and let it stay off for several minutes for it to work again. Is this something that is known with this oven and is there a fix, it is very frustrating for a 7k oven to do this. It is several years old.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/25/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 9 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

What your doing when you turn the power off to the unit is your rebooting the electronic control board.

But that is a common issue with electronic controlled appliances .

And if it is happening a lot that means the main electronic control board will need replaced .

Would you like a link to the part that need to be replaced?

please.

can You give me the last two digits on the model number ?

This model has KDRU767VSS?? on the end will be 00 ,01,02,03,04

03

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

this is the main control board (appliance Manager) not the display board on the control panel.

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Does Repair Clinic have detailed installation instruction or can I rely on you for help?

Repair clinic does not have instructions on replacing the part ,and the manufacture does not provide detailed instructions on replacing the part.

I can give you general instructions on replacing the part .

The main control is under the cooktop burners in the center of the range from front to back .

I'm pretty good at this kind of stuff, have done a lot of component computer repair, I just need general instructions such as how to get to the board itself. I will buy the part, can you get me started?

let me see if Whirlpool / Kitchen -Aid even have a service manual for your model!

no Service manual for this model!

Here is a parts break down if you open it and go to the (oven parts ) page 05 the control board is item #27

http://www.partadvantage.com/lookup/215479/1463559

I have a service manual for a similar model but the file is too large for me to send it to you because of the Just Answer limits .

Can you send me the service manual to***@******.***?

I can only communicate thru this web site .

That is Just Answer policy for me to work for them !