Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a ge adora dryer and the thing is taking soooo to dry…

Customer Question
Hi, i have a...

Hi, i have a ge adora dryer and the thing is taking soooo long to dry anything, the indicator light shows sensing not drying

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is 5 years GHDN520EDOWS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

IF POSSIBLE

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It started to take a long time to dry and the temperature seems to be lower than before. indicator shows sensing, not drying

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/24/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 11 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

Check the vent at the outside port(outside your home) and make sure air is blowing strongly out of the vent. Often just a clogged or blocked vent is the issue. Check that and get back to me.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

i already checked, and the vent is clean and air is going through.

You would have to check the heater to see if a rung is burned out on it, sometimes a rung on the heater burns out and then it will not heat to temp.

Here is a video to help, note your heater will look a little different but the heater will have to be checked for a burn out spot.

CLICK HERE