Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

WHIRLPOOL GAD DRYER LFI 5921 Flame comes on. After about 3…

Customer Question
WHIRLPOOL GAD DRYER LFI...

WHIRLPOOL GAD DRYER LFI 5921 Flame comes on. After about 3 minutes, it shuts off. Hot air exits the vent. Could somewhat clogged vent pipe cause it? Any other ideas?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

30 years old. Tag says FLI 5921 Gas Automatic Dryer. Should I look somewhere else for more extensive number?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Doesn't matter where on the drying settings, I get the same result. There is airflow through the vent, but I can't judge if it is sufficient. I will probably clean the vent pipe in any event.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your Whirlpool gas dryer . Please give me a moment to review your model. Also, who am I speaking with?

Hello. The first thing I would do is test the dryer with an unobstructed vent. I would take the vent off of the back of the dryer and see if it continues to heat after 3 minutes. If that is the case, then the vent needs to be cleaned. If not, I would suspect the set of coils on the gas valve. This is a very old dryer and the information is liimited on it, but the dryer coil kit should be part number 279834. You can pick them up on Amazon here: http://a.co/gyfMjbE

You will find them on top of the gas valve.

--Would you mind rating my service to you? Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me. A rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen will allow free follow up questions for this appliance through this link. Thank you.