Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Buzzers going off and says F1. Just started today. I need to

buzzers going off and says F1
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: just started today
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I need to turn the buzzer off and then find out what's wrong
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I may need to have my oven fixed
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it's a decor and it was installed in 1995 sorry I don't have the make and model #

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

F1 means there is a short in the lower voltage heating circuit. The only way to stop the buzzer is to flip the circuit breaker off to the oven on your house or unplugging the oven. Unfortunately this issue won't just reset, the entire display control board would need to be replaced to resolve the issue.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Thank you Tyler you do you know how much it would cost to replace this part I love my oven and it's always worked really well I'm hoping I won't need a new one

It's hard to say if they even make the part anymore given it's age. The part is usually about $300 and a technician would be about $150-200 to come out and replace it. If the part isn't made anymore, you'd have to send it into a place like Core Centric Solutions to have the board refurbished and that typically costs about $200 and takes a week.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
WoW I don't really have that much right now so I guess I won't be using my oven for awhile Thank you so much this has really been helpful.