Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Slammed the door of the microwave and now it won't some on.

Customer Question
Slammed the door of...

Slammed the door of the microwave and now it won't some on

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Hotpoint counter saver ... less than 5 yr. old I think

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe, if it isn't too difficult

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

??

Contractor's Assistant: What confuses you?

Don't know anything else you shoul know

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 2 days by:
9/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The slamming of the door likely actuated the monitor switch and shorted the fuse.

1. Is the display totally dark?
  2. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?