Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Fisher and Paykel double dish drawer. The top

Hi,I have a Fisher and Paykel double dish drawer. The top drawer left hand light (red) remains on and I cannot get it to go off. I have turned the power off and restarted but doesn't eliminate the problem. pwer off.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Fisher & Paykel is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 7-9 years.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it's straight forward, like replacing the switch I could probably manage. Would need instructions.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It's possible some children we had visiting were playing with the switches.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

First, press and hold the lock button (the far right button) for 5 seconds. Then press the left button for 5 seconds. See if that unlocks the control panel so you can use the unit again. If not, then your touch control has failed for some reason and would need to be replaced. You'd need the full model number to look up the part which can be seen on a sticker around the front frame of the dishwasher (left side between the drawers typically) and seen if you open the drawers. You would need a parts store to look up the touch control for you, but it's usually quite expensive I'll warn you in advance.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.