Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We started the washer with the water shut off. It will not…

Customer Question
We started the washer...

We started the washer with the water shut off. It will not run or reset. None of thew buttons seem to work.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Sorry I hit send before I got that in. Whirlpool Duet steam. Either w10554129C. Or SP

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not sure what the work is. Hoping it is just a reset

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Turned off and un plugged for 5 minutes but when we plug back in the motor or pump runs. But nothing happens.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/24/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The error you're experiencing means that the washer didn't fill up with water quick enough and it took more than 6 minutes to fill up with water which can definitely be caused by the water being shut off. The good new is that it's simple to reset this issue. The unit is in flood mode and you just need to plug the washer back in and give it 30 minutes to finish it's flood mode sequence. The door will remain locked and the drain pump will continue to run (this will not hurt the motor) until the sequence is finished. Once it's done the door will unlock and you can use the washer like normal. Just be sure the water is turned onto the washer and the tray is fully closed and you should be good to go.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?