Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Looking for info on a whirlpool refrigerator, freezer works…

Customer Question
Looking for info on...

Looking for info on a whirlpool refrigerator, freezer works fine but the fridge part is warming up. I've removed the back cover and defrosted the coils, trying to identify the defrost sensor and such

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model is GX2FHDXVQ03 and is about 6 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have found on whirlpools website the defrost wiring harness for about 44.00. Was trying to find it elsewhere and compare prices

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/24/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

If you look at the defrost thermostat, the round piece with the brown and orange wires at the top of the evaporator coil, does it look to be disfigured or expanded?

Typically, when they fail, they will bulge and split at the top where they are sealed. The heater will usually show a burn mark or be broken in half as well. Both the heater and the defrost thermostat have a very low failure rate while the main control, the part that turns the defrost cycle on, has a very high failure rate and has been redesigned. If the heater and the thermostat look okay visually, they are not likely faulty and I would replace the control. The video at the link below shows how it is replaced.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!