Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ive got a samsung top load washer that is continuing to trip…

Customer Question
Ive got a samsung...

Ive got a samsung top load washer that is continuing to trip due to unbalance. I rebalance the load, or unload a portion of the load but still it trips due to unbalance. Are there suspension parts such as springs or shock absorbers that have failed?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

5 - 7 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'm a mechanical engineer and understand unbalance in about any type of rotating machine. We've not had problems in the past. This is a new development int he past week.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 11 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this issue. What is the model number of your unit?

WA456 installed in 2013
Uh, I've already sent $36 via PayPal. That's a deposit. You need more $$??

I am sorry if the site is offering the phone call its not from me what I need you to do is take the back off and check all 4 suspension rods

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/DC97-16350E/0026/401.html?modelNumber=WA456DRHDSU/AA-0000&categoryName=Residential%20Washers&brandName=SAMSUNG

OK, I'll get to this tomorrow. Getting the back off is easy, but my guess is that i'll need to then open the top to access the suspension dampers from above. How do I do that?

well right now we are just seeing if any are broken at the moment you can pull up you tube videos to assist you with doing that

Not likely to get to this now until Friday. Based on numerous I-tube videos and blogs, it is the damper suspension rods. In which case I'll replace all four - assuming I fine one broken.
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 10 months ago

let me know what you find