Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

W sold a brand new thermostat 72" Southbend griddle.

Customer Question
W sold a brand...

W sold a brand new thermostat 72" Southbend griddle. Customer says the left ignitor is not sparking and can not light. Right one is sparking. There has to be a way to light manually doesn't there?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

They just installed it today

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am not there. Trying to help the customer'

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

The griddle would be hard to light as there really is no way to light it manually as there is little access to the manifold for the griddle.

how do we get the ignitor to work. He said the right one is sparking and the left is not but you are supposed to light the left side first/

Can he check the electrode and make sure it is not broken and the wire is attached? Also can he hear it trying to spark?