Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I need to change the light bulb in the freezer. Maytag

Customer Question
I need to change...

I need to change the light bulb in the freezer.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Maytag mfi2670xem0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, as long as it is safe to do.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I was able to get the bulb out but I can't find a diagram that shows me where the bulb is to insert.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

I'm confused by what you're saying. You were able to remove the bulb in the freezer but you don't know where to insert the new bulb? Please explain.

the bulb is on the top of the freezer. I removed it via feel. But can't seem to figure out how it goes back. There was no diagram in the owners manual.

OK so the parts breakdown digram is the only diagram that shows how it should be situated so perhaps that will help. Attached below is that diagram

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Isn't that the diagram for the light in the refrigerator. I need to replace the light in the freezer.

No, that's the one for the freezer section.

I will check then and see if that works.

The refrigerator doesn't even have a light bulb, it has an LED light board

There is a light in the refrigerator because I have changed it. In the diagram, if the light is pointing to the front of the freezer, it is the wrong diagram. The light points to the left in the freezer. I was able to replace the light bulb by turning off the refrigerator and feeling inside. But the light doesn't come on. So, there is something else wrong. I don't know if it is the switch or something else.
Sorry, the light points to the right of the freezer.

The diagram I gave you shows the light points to the right, I'm not sure what the confusion is. There are multiple lights in the refrigerator, the one at the ceiling is a light board, not a bulb.

Anyways, if you replaced the bulb and it doesn't light up, either the light receptacle has failed or the switch is bad. You'd have to take the control panel in the freezer out and test the switch with a multimeter or replace the switch and see if the switch is the problem. If the switch is bad, replace it. If not, then replace the light receptacle which is part 6 on the diagram I gave you before.