Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a ge refrigerator #gsh 22jsd ss, and my freezer where…

Customer Question
Hi i have a...

Hi i have a ge refrigerator #gsh 22jsd ss, and my freezer where the ice drops out of is creating frost, i pulled the plug out and waited awhile

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Sure its at least 4 to 5 years old and the model # is GHS22JSD SS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I WOULD LOVE TO

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

NO JUST THAT IS FROSTING WHERE I TOLD U EVERYTHING ELSE IS FINE

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The frost building up in the ice chute and above it means that the dispenser flap is no longer sealing completely. The flap just needs to be replaced so below is a link to the part and a video that shows you how to replace this part yourself.

CLICK HERE for ice chute flap

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?