Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

When Ice maker requires water for ice or the water dispenser…

When Ice maker requires...

When Ice maker requires water for ice or the water dispenser is used, a loud machine gun like sound comes from upper left. If water is dispensed for servral seconds the noise slowly quiets down. Idea whats up?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Kitchenaid KBFS25EVMS3

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Acces location of bad part(s)

9/23/2017
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

That is caused by pressure on the system from a stopped up water filter or an iced up water reservoir, if nothing else in the refrigerator section is freezing like drinks or what have you then that is not gonna be the problem. A bad water inlet valve can cause that also but if it quiets down and does ok after letting water out of the dispenser then likely that is not going to be a bad water valve, change your water filter and that should stop it.

Whirlpool EveryDrop Refrigerator Water Filter

Part #: UKF8001AXX - click here for part info at sears

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, I'm sure you don't work for free please don't expect I should.

Joel Swenson
Joel, Replaced filter, After advise, reinstalled filter. Have same noise. Freezer working fine. Noise everytime icemaker cycles or watter dispersed.

ok then the valve is gonna need to be replaced then it has a solenoid that is sticking causing it.

Refrigerator Water Inlet Valve Assembly

Part #: 12544124 - click here for part info at sears

The valve is on the back of the fridge it's the valve your water supply line on your home connects to.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson