Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Can I turn off the refrigerator and keep the freezer on?

can I turn off the refrigerator and keep the freezer on? Model RF263BEAESR
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: It is a samsung. I gave you the model. It is 4 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am just trying to defrost the ice maker because the door was left open and the ice maker is frozen up.

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

No unfortunately the system is not designed like that if you turn cooling off it will kill cooling to the entire unit, there is no separate system to run them independently of each other.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, I'm sure you don't work for free please don't expect I should.