Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Sears Kenmore Pro refrigerator. I just switched…

We have a Sears...

We have a Sears Kenmore Pro refrigerator. I just switched the water filter that goes to the icemaker. Now the water dispenser is leaking, whereas it had not done so before. I noticed that the new filter that I installed seems to fit very loosely in the housing for it. Should I go get another filter and try that?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is about 18 months old. I will go get the model for you.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The fridge is 795.79983.510. If the work is simply to get a new filter and insert it, yes, I will do it myself. It is under warranty, so more than that, and I will call Sears.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think not.

9/23/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Try to put the old filter back in and see if it still leaks. If it stops leaking with the old filter in, definitely get a new one. The water filter is part number ADQ36006102 if you need to make sure you got the right one.

Other than that, if it leaks even with the old filter in, then your filter receptacle is just not sealing up and the filter receptacle would need to be replaced on the refrigerator unfortunately.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc