Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I bought a GE dishwasher,GDF610PGJBB in August. I discovered…

I bought a...

I bought a GE dishwasher,GDF610PGJBB in August. I discovered a leak that appears to be dripping from the the bottom of the door. I suspect an imperfect seal between the door and tub. Can you provide some information on how common a problem this is and what the fix/repair is?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The answers to your questions are provided in my firstresponse above.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Possibly, depending on the compexity of the fix.

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the dishwasher is less than a year old, just call warranty out to fix the issue. Their number is ***** and they will fix the dishwasher at no charge. Otherwise, you are correct that the seal is probably bad. Clean the holes out on the bottom wash arm to make sure gunk isn't causing the water to spray out weird and causing waves in the bottom of the tub. The bottom door seal is part number WD08X21894 if you did want to order and replace it yourself.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc