Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Washer wont drain, I replaced pump last year and tried it

washer wont drain, I replaced pump last year and tried it again this time and no luck. I have also tired the door switch which I didn't think was the problem because washer will run through cycles but not drain. I have checked discharge hoses and everything is clear.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: its a Maytag Epic Z model#MHWZ600TB002 probably around 10yrs old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes I am capable of doing the work very mechanically inclined but I'm past my trouble shooting ideas and cant keep buying things to try and not work so I have to send part back
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I thought it could be the main board but washer runs though cycles except just the spin cycle it wont run that one

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the drain pump was replaced and your catch is clear, then the main board is just not sending power to the pump to turn it on whether that's due to the relay failing on the board or the logic in the board being corrupted it doesn't matter. You'll just have to order the main board called the CCU to fix the issue. You can test power at the drain pump between the 2 wires when the washer should be draining to confirm you do not have 110 volts, but other than that, replace the board. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for CCU

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
ok, if that doesn't work can I get on here to contact you about other possibilities, any way to check before I order, I have a volt meter

Yes, if you need anything else just let me know.