Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool cabrio washer that comes up with f1 and…

I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool cabrio washer that comes up with f1 and e8 error codes when I run the diagnostic the washer doesn't seem to completely drain

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 2 years model #wtw7000dw0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that i can think of

9/23/2017
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your Whirlpool washer . Please give me a moment to review your model. Also, who am I speaking with?

My name is Mike

Hi Mike, can you tell me if you recently moved into the home or have made any recent changes to the washer or its configuration?

no phone call

That is an automatic offer. Just ignore it.

no changes made

Ok, Typically, this error means that you are not getting enough water. Have you checked the inlet hoses to make sure they are supplying enough water? Also, if your drain line is too far in the hole in the wall, it can siphon the water out as it fills. This will keep the washer from getting enough water. Sometimes the drain line gets gunk around it in the wall and needs to just be pulled out and put back in.

Lastly, if those items check out, what is left is an inlet valve. Often, the inlet valve gets debris caught in it. This will restrict the water flow. In this case, you would have to replace the inlet valve. Would you like the part number for that in case you need to replace it?

I will check all of that but my washer doesn't seem to fully drain. At the end of a cycle my clothes are dripping wet

That is probably because the washer is giving an error due to low water flow and quitting before it spins and fully drains the water out. If you are sure the error code is F1E8, then you have an "insufficient water" issue.

- Would you mind rating my service to you? Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me. A rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen will allow free follow up questions for this appliance through this link. (TIPS) are appreciated! Thank you.

Please send number for inlet valve replacement

NO problem. One moment.

Here is the part number: W10853296

Here is a link to it on Amazon: http://a.co/inouBFY

how do i get to the valve i cannot get the control panel off

One moment please

Here is a link to a video for replacing a water valve on a Cabrio. It isn't your exact model because a video will not exist for it. It should be about the same though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fwxcq7wOj8

For more similar videos, you can use the search term:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=W10853296

I am logging off for a while. If you have more questions, just send them and when I get back on line, I will respond. Thanks.

this video doesnt help

Ok, one moment.

I have the back plate off but I can't get the control panel off
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Good morning. I see the other expert opted out but I can help you. Give me one moment to pull up the service manual so I can send you instructions on how to access the valve.

thank you

OK perfect, attached below I have uploaded the instructions on how to access the valves so you can replace them. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Thank you I need to find a different tool and will give you a 5 star rating

No problem and let me know if you need anything else.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc