Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have an LG fridge with bottom freezer than is slightly cold…

Customer Question
Have an LG fridge...

Have an LG fridge with bottom freezer than is slightly cold but not freezing well....all posicles, ice etc are melting

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

LG LFX 28968...maybe 3 or 4 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Would like to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Dont think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 11 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

If you are not getting any error codes on the display then the likely is the unit is running low on freon, check and make sure the condenser is clean. If it is then remove the back panel inside the freezer section and check the evaporator coil. If only part of it is frosted and not the whole thing, the rest being bare aluminum then you have a freon leak. If that is the case the fix is too expensive for the unit and I would start looking for a new one. Note the refrigerator section often will maintain temps still because there is enough freon to get to 37 degrees, but not enough to get to 0 degrees. Check that out and see what you find and get back to me!

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.