Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Maytag Neptune front load washer. The door is shut…

We have a Maytag...

We have a Maytag Neptune front load washer. The door is shut and will not open. It started to work and then stopped.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is sixteen years old. The model number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We have turned off the circuit breaker and unplugged the machine. Neither one of those things helped.

9/23/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

To unlock the door, open the dispenser lid and remove the bleach and softener compartment. There is a pull cord in the front of the dispenser. If you pull this straight left it should unlock the door manually so you can unlock it.

Now I can't say why the washer stopped mid cycle, but if it's full of water, then it sounds like the washer isn't draining properly and that will stop the door from opening so you'd have to remove the drain pump below the washer (through the back) and clear any debris you find or replace the pump if you find no debris.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc