Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Whirlpool dishwasher* starts but no water enters the

My Whirlpool dishwasher* starts...

My Whirlpool dishwasher* starts but no water enters the unit. Anything I can try?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Unknown vintage (rental home) but it's not ancient.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's simple.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

2 cycles ago it failed to drain. Fiddled with the float & it then drained

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2017
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your Whirlpool dishwasher . Please give me the model number found in the door frame. Also, who am I speaking with?

W10073320. (Only # I found)
Margaret

Hi Margaret. That looks like a part number of some sort. There is a model number tag where the door meets the dishwasher - typically on the left. If you are unable to find a model number, I can give you more general information - causes in order of probability for most Whirlpool dishwashers.

DU915PWSS0

There we go. One moment while I look that up.

So for this model. I always suspect the float switch. Make sure that it goes all the way down. You will want to hear a "click" of the switch when you push it down or pull it up. This verifies function of the float switch underneath. Secondly, tenants have a way to turning the water supply off. Make sure the water supply under the sink is turned on. If it is on, turn it off then back on, because sometimes debris gets lodged in the valve under the sink. If you have tried both of those things, you will need an ohmmeter to check the continuity of both the float switch on the right of the dishwasher and the inlet valve coil on the left. Would you like the part numbers for these items?

No thx on part numbers. I'm the tenant & will wait for pokey landlord if it comes to that. Thank you

You’re Welcome!

Would you mind rating my service to you? Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me. A rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen will allow free follow up questions for this appliance through this link. (TIPS) are appreciated! Thank you.

Engineer-Tech