Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

MY WHIRLPOOL SINGLE ELECTRIC WALL OVEN MODEL WOS51ECOAB02…

Customer Question
HI, MY WHIRLPOOL SINGLE...

HI, MY WHIRLPOOL SINGLE ELECTRIC WALL OVEN MODEL WOS51ECOAB02 WORKS BUT NOT WELL. SEEMS TO BE NOT AS HOT AS IT SHOULD BE SO I BUMP UP THE TEMP BY 15 DEGREES BUT STILL DOES NOT SEEM TO WORK WELL. SUGGESTIONS?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Not sure of age but model # WOS51ECOAB02

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what's needed. I'm pretty handy...

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's about all I can tell you.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So to start, often time people will think that their oven temperature has become inaccurate. I know you've already somewhat tested the oven, but let's to it slightly different. Place the thermostat inside the oven directly in the center of the cavity. Turn the oven on to 350 degrees. When the preheat light goes off or the oven is done preheating the thermostat will not read correctly. The thermostat should always be lower than the 350 degrees you set the oven at because it weighted. Unless you're using a thermal couple thermostat like technicians use, it won't react instantly to the air temperature. Think of it as a piece of meat, the meat doesn’t automatically heat up to 200 degrees, it takes a roast several hours just to get to 140 degrees. The thermostat isn’t as big so it doesn’t take as long, but you should wait at least 30 minutes when testing the temperature to get an accurate reading. If it still doesn’t check correctly then you need to calibrate your oven so here is how to do so:

To Adjust Oven Temperature Calibration: For Single Ovens:

1. Press SETTINGS 13 times. "OVEN CALIBRATE. Press START" appears in the text area.

2. Press START to calibrate the oven. "Enter Offset: Press 1 to increase, 2 to decrease" will appear in the text area. 3. Press the Temp/Time "1" keypad to increase or the Temp/ Time "2" keypad to decrease the temperature in 5°F (3°C) increments. The adjustment can be set between 30°F (18°C) and -30°F (-18°C).

4. Press START to save the adjustment and exit the Temperature Calibration menu.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?