Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a two month old Whirlpool refrig. with icemaker in…

Customer Question
I have a two...

I have a two month old Whirlpool refrig. with icemaker in refrig. on left side...ice would not drop down into glass as of 2 days ago. I fiddled with buttons on outside now refrig doesn't make ice...frustrated.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Brand new wrf555sdfz

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes,,,I even unplugged it ...I think I pushed too many buttons on door.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 3 days by:
9/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician replied 9 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician

My best guess is a cube jam....

Make sure that ice is not jammed in the ejector arm of the ice maker. Remove jammed ice from the ejector arm using only a plastic utensil so the ice maker is not damaged. The ice may jam due to not purging air from the water line. The thermostat senses a lower temperature and starts an ice harvest.

Because the ice may not be completely frozen yet, when the harvest fingers try to harvest the ice cubes, the fingers bring up icy water that attaches to the stripper. This icy water can then freeze on the stripper during the next cycle causing an ice bridge. This ice bridge will cause the harvest fingers to jam.

Take a look through these notes and let me know what you have going on

The ice maker is not producing ice or is not producing enough ice:

The refrigerator is not connected to a water supply or the water supply shutoff valve is not turned on:
Connect refrigerator to water supply and turn water shutoff valve fully open.

There is a kink in the water source line:
A kink in the line can reduce water flow. Straighten the water source line.

The ice maker is not turned on:
Make sure the ice maker is on.

The refrigerator has just been installed:
Wait 24 hours after ice maker installation for ice production to begin.
Wait 3 days for full ice production.

The refrigerator door is not closed completely:
Close the door firmly.

A large amount of ice was recently removed:
Allow sufficient time for ice maker to produce more ice.

An ice cube is jammed in the ice maker ejector arm:
Remove ice from the ejector arm with a plastic utensil.

A water filter is installed on the refrigerator:
Remove the water filter and operate the ice maker.
If ice volume improves, then the filter may be clogged or incorrectly installed.
Replace filter or reinstall it correctly.

A reverse osmosis water filtration system is connected to your cold water supply:
This can decrease water pressure.
Check Water Supply Requirements.

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.