Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My duet washer washing machine door will not open I'm am…

Customer Question
My duet washer washing...

My duet washer washing machine door will not open I'm am getting the error message L5

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I am not exactly sure the washer says direct drive I would say 2014

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Sorry I found the model wed72hedwo thats the model of the dryer

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How could I open it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Can you double check the error code? L5 isn't an error for a duet washer.

e5 was showing up but now nothing is coming up

ok E5 makes more sense

Any ideas

The matching washer model number is ***** if you need that. Please be patient and let me type.

So to manually unlock the door, it's not easy on this particular unit. You need to pull the washer forward and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. There is a 1" round plastic tab hanging from the bottom of the latch assembly. You need to unplug the washer and pull down on that plastic tab to manually unlock the door.

Now as for your error code, E5 may have been half your error code, or it could have been F5 or something like that but E5 isn't the entire error code so I can't tell you what error you're getting. If it was F5, that is a failed door latch which would make sense. I would try to start another cycle and if it still acts up but doesn't give you an error---replace the latch. If it doesn't act up anymore than great! Lastly, if you get an error code when you try to start the washer again, tell me what that exact error code is and then I can tell you what would need to be done.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?