Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Power does not turn on my ecosmart fisher & paykel washer.

Customer Question
Power does not turn...

Power does not turn on my ecosmart fisher & paykel washer . have tried unplug for 60 seconds. others suggestion say unplug and RESET.. how do you reset?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Wa37t26g bought 10/3/2008

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If simple maybe... but wondering if buying new is a better option than paying for a service call if I can't fix myself

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I wasn't here.. was on time delay start and it had washed thru a cycle. things seemed clean, just never spun out, at least not all the way. Now no Power

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 4 days by:
9/28/2017
Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician

Take a look at this VIDEO
We have a F&P that needed a new Main board after around 8 yrs... was $450 at that time and has done another 8 years since, still OK

Repair or Replace is a tricky one to advise from this distance... Service call is not inexpensive

Perhaps a phone call to ask for a quote would be a good idea

If you have a ZipCode I can probably point you to local assistance if you need it

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.