Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

One of the rubber covers over the lower "screw" that you…

Customer Question
One of the rubber...

One of the rubber covers over the lower "screw" that you press to set timer on my ge monogram oven fell off and is now lost, before we lost it we were trying to figure out how to reattach it but certainty it doesn't just "snap on". Now no rubber cover and no idea what to order and how to install.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

5 days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Dont know, if complicated would be happy to pay a repairman

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nope, your repairman has visited us several times over past years as our entire kitchen is ge monogram which we love

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

15 years old

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 11 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. What is the model number of your unit?

GE Mongram, 15 years old
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 10 months ago

I need the model number which is located on the inside of the door please

ZET837SB1SS

just one moment please

are you referring to part number 5 on the control panel blow out?

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/ZET837SBSS/0432/0125300.html

The button is not defective, the rubber cover fell off

yes part number 5 correct? The part is a rubber part

a little rubber button, if I get a new one how does it attach

it should just push right in

The other one fell off and would not pop back on. How do I order another one? If it comes off do I use glue?

you could certainly try gluing it but since this part is no longer on line you will need to call GE to see if they can send the part to you. Its a rubber grommet that goes over the button. Call this number and give them your model number

Major Appliance Questions

GE Appliances Answer Center®
1-***-***-****

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 9 months ago

I noticed that your question was still unrated. I just wanted to follow up with you to see if you were needing anything else? If not please do rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time.

It seems there is no longer a replacement for my rubber button -I am responsible for service parts for BMW which are available up to 40 years for our Z3 roadster - why can I not get a rubber button for my timer switch?

have you tried calling around to local appliance stores to see if they may have a spare or something that may work? Sadly when these manufacturers discontinue units they no longer produce the parts for sale. The best places to find these type of parts is ebay, amazon or local appliance repair stores.