Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We had an Amana top load washing machine that worked by

sensing the load filling it...
We had an Amana top load washing machine that worked by sensing the load filling it with water, etc. it is less than two years old. Recently it started having an issue : it would fill with water initially then stop, the sensing light would blink and it would go no further. One time, I was able to unplug the machine for a minute, then open close the lid six times and then it actually worked and ran through an entire cycle. But the very next time I tried to use it did the same thing. So we bought a brand new washing machine today-a Roper brand- same top load, auto sensing thing. When trying to run the first test load it did the exact same thing and won't go past the initial sensing phase. What are there chances it's the same problem with a brand new machine? I'm thinking it's not the machine but something else? I've checked the faucets they are completely open, it is plugged in to a GFCI plug...ahhhh. I'm a mom and I'm stressing out with laundry piling up everywhere and wondering if I even needed to buy a new machine?
9/23/2017
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Can you take the water hoses off and get a bucket or something similar i need you to try running the hot water first. If it has a good steady flow turn it off and move on to the cold water.

Ok give me a few minutes I'll let you know what happens

thank you i will be here

Okay both hoses ran fine had great pressure coming from both

ok since you are getting adequate pressure from both lets try plugging in the hoses again making sure they are both turned on as they should be and see what happens. Maybe one of the faucets was not turned on.

No I checked those first. They were both fully opened

ok would you mind to give it a try please. If that does not work sadly it sounds like whatever the issue may be is with the new washer as well sadly.

I am sure that is not what you want to hear and i know it sounds unlikely but since the unit is powering on its not the outlet. The water is coming out and into the unit so the only other option is that the new one has a problem. More then likely the water inlet valve or the control board.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman