Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a Maytag Dishwasher that has a small leak when

Hi Pearl ;
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Hi Pearl , I have a Maytag Dishwasher that has a small leak when running. This only started yesterday . I took off the front panels on the bottom,and the leak seams to be coming from the inner robber gasket. I am in this house 2 the washer was here when I moved in, so I`m not sure how old it is. Model # MDB2200AWE, Serial # 22128394WZ. If that helps. Thanks Sam
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Maybe 2002 ? from the model # MDB2200AWE
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think that`s it.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. You said its leaking around the door gasket. Does it seem to be lifted or damaged in any sort of way?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
To my untrained eye i don`t see anything wrong with the gasket , but the leak is coming from that left hand corner, I put a small cup under and that is where it seems to be coming from. There is no water under the machine.

ok so then sadly the door gasket is probably lose or raised in that area and is going to need to be replaced. This is not a hard job and honestly you tube can walk you through replacing it.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Gasket/WP902894/1296

this link also has a helpful video if you need it.

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.